April 03, 2006

mafkijie

Many apologies to anyone out there trying to follow this blog. I'm about two months behind in posting. this is sad. I've finally left India and am currently in Morocco, getting lost in Fez. But, my thoughts remain in Rajasthan...



Mangiyar musicians playing at the Sam sand dunes

Rajasthan tossed me around a bit, but also gave me some beautiful moment and important lessons. I quest to learn more about nomadic life and issues of movement led me to many small village throughout the Jaisalmer district, cattle and camel fair in Naguar, a small town in Pali and the pilgrimage and tourist oasis of Pushkar. All and all, my time with the ghummakers and Raikas has been well spent and was a fascinating experience, even if I emerged with far more questions than answers.


Promise i'll get at least two more rajasthan posts up in the next week along with a recap and some notes from Kerala. its all in the notebooks...

In the meantime, I have uploaded lot of new photos onto my flickr site.
click here for camels, gypsies, deserts, houseboats and the ocean.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This site is one of the best I have ever seen, wish I had one like this.
»

1:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great site lots of usefull infomation here.
»

9:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home