August 10, 2006

Back in the curious USA.

cycling north of Killarney Fjord, Co. Galway

Nothing has been posted on this site in the last month and a half.
I apologize.
I assure you that I was in Ireland, and was indeed working with Irish Travellers in various capacities. I hope to get a series of ireland posts up in the next week as well as a new batch of photos up on flickr account. www.flickr.com/photos/stephcarlisle

I landed back on this side of the Atlantic a few confusing days ago. Happily, I am no longer running about carrying my little world in my backpack. Instead, the pack is sitting in a corner, crumpled and dejected. I don't exactly have a home or too clear of a plan for the next year. I think my project is over at last, but I keep getting in all these trains, subways, cars, airplanes.
I am eager to unpack.

But rest assured, I am healthy, happy and readjusting to being back in America. For now, I am hiding up at my parent's lake house in Westport, NY writing, reading, playing with my dogs, biking, swimming and generally trying to slow down and figure out what to do with myself. I'll be up here till the 20th or so when I return to NYC to try to find a new place to live.

Thank you for all the words of encouragement and extension of kindness and support to everyone who kept in touch while I was gone. It was much appreciated during those lonely hours, days, weeks.

much love,
Steph

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home